In Christ Alone

Monday, March 19, 2012

Remembering Bonny on His Birthday as I walked in Botanic Gardens

Today I spent several hours in Singapore Botanic Gardens remembering those times I spent with Bonny there. We often went there either to have our meals on special days or to walk and have our reflection time when we had extra off days. As I walked through the gardens today, I remembered how he often spotted some special flowers or leaves and pointed out to me the amazing features he discovered--like those amazing leaf veins patterns.
He often marvelled at all his new discoveries with such a child-like excitement and pride that made him such a real and authentic person. I could not count the number of times he made me laughed with joy and pride at his child-like remarks and perpectives on things. Bonny helped me understand what Jesus said in Matthew 18:3-4: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment