In Christ Alone

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Birthday Breakfast prepared by Bonny when I turned 45

Most of my birthdays celebrated with Bonny have been precious and wonderful. Though he is no longer on earth to celebrate my birthday today, I felt very loved with many blessings and wishes from loved ones--family and friends. As I read through my journal, I was surprised to find what I wrote in my journal on my 45th birthday (I think it was the only birthday I recorded in my journal): "My 45th birthday began with a wonderful, love-filled breakfast prepared by my beloved one & only one of his kind husband, Bonny-Wilfred Gilfillan Khalil.
It was a small steak, potato chips, sausage, ham, brocolli, carrot, tomato and cucumber. Also a side dish of 3 layers of love: minced beef, mashed potatoes and chopped carrot and water chestnut topped with scrambled egg white. The set came with a glass of apple juice. It was a wonderful breakfast filled with love, joy, peace and blessings from above
."
He was so proud of his creative breakfast especially the side-dish that he insisted that a picture was taken of his set of "love-breakfast" for the queen and that the queen must take a picture with it too.
Yes, that was six year ago, but the memory and the love from this beloved husband of mine still lives in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment