In Christ Alone

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A tribute to my beloved sweetheart, Bonny


What can I say about my Bonny (Wilfred) the man of God, the greatest blessing the Lord has blessed me on earth, the man that I deeply deeply love. My Bonny…

A man with a simple and pure heart! A man filled with love! A man full of fun and humor! A man with a mighty warring intercessory sprit!

He was a man with a simple and pure heart! When I first knew him, I was attracted to his simple and pure heart. When I needed a word to confirm that he was the man the Lord had chosen for me, the word 2 Tim. 2:22b was given to me “along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” His simplicity and purity of heart has taught me to see people and things in such simple and pure perspective. He never have any evil intention in his heart towards anyone for his pure heart cannot contain any evil thoughts, so he dare to speak what is in his heart and be very straight forward with people. Whenever I felt sad or had made mistakes or had hurt him, he forgave me so easily and quickly. With his big bright grin, he would open his strong big and warm arms and said to me “Come here, my sweetheart!” and hold me with his unforgettable strong and warm embrace melting away all the woes in my heart.

He was a man filled with love! His love for me overwhelmed me. I am so loved by him and I often told him, “You are the greatest blessing in my life and you are the tangible manifestation of God’s love to me.” With his loving tender voice and that unforgettable cheeky smile, he would sing to me: “If you think I’ve love you all I can, I’m going to love you a little bit more!” We often asked each other, “Have I told you enough that `I love you’” and if the answer is negative, we would express our love to each other again until the answer is “Enough!” His love overflowed from his heart not only to me and our families, it overflowed to our church and neighborhood. He could be voted as the friendliest neighbor and seemed to know everyone around him from hawker center to car park to the walkway. People, from young to old, just love him because he first extended his love to them.

He was a man full of fun and humor! He brought immeasurable joy, laughter and fun to my life. He taught me to laugh and to have fun. I never have a day with him that is without laughter even on that day that he upset me. He just has the gift of making things so simple and so fun and making people around feel so at ease, comfortable and joyful! If I were to write all the fun and humor that he has brought to this life, this page will not be able to contain it.

He was a man with a mighty warring intercessory spirit! Many who ministered along with or by him know this and I need not say anymore. For this battle against his illness, I know deep in my heart that he would have fought it with all his might if he knew it is the will of God for him to live. I believe in the last one day of his life, the Lord has revealed to him that He can grant him more days on earth but it would be a battle of health and it is His will to take him home to spare him of pain and evil. Bonny has chosen not to war against God. He always told me, “In spiritual battle, you must know who you enemy is and who are you warring against.” He knew that this is God’s perfect plan, to spare him and me of further pain, so he submitted.

Bonny and I have lived a life together with a principle that we would love each other every day as if it was the last we would be together. We would give each other a hug as if it was the last, a kiss as if it was the last, and a “I love you” as if it was the last. We did all that before he was too ill to hug, to kiss and to express. I can say with all my heart, “Bonny, I know that you love me and you have expressed it all. You are the greatest blessing in my life. Words cannot express how thankful I am that the Lord has chosen me to be the love of your life. You have brought so much love and joy to me that I never knew one can ever experience on this earth! You know that I love you so dearly and how I will miss you terribly but you also know that you can go in peace and with joy because He who has brought me to you will comfort, sustain and strengthen me. My Bonny, my dearest sweetheart, thank you for loving me, thank you for teaching me. You are a great husband, you are a great man of God….

I am truly blessed to be loved and taught by such a man!

Kim Lang

3 comments:

  1. Made me cry but in a good way......yes, you were lucky to have been loved by my brother, Bonny as he was lucky to have had your love. He was such a loved man and we are indeed fortunate to have been a part of his life. Stay strong Kim Lang and remember we are always here for you.

    Your sister-in-law with love,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had another good cry...miss him, Mum and the Telawi gang so much...it is so sad to go by the old place...so sad...memories of drives with Dad and Mum, meals with Mum and Dad, weekends visits with Mum, meals with mum you and Bonny at Telawi, the cats, the dogs, Sunny and Ann, the birds that mum fed...the memory of either Bonny or Richard opening the gate with the gate bell ringing...Ian,his quiet presence...wonder when this heavy heart will ever feel the same again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing Bonny all the time. The memories of him continue to be so clear and vivid, just like yesterday that he was with me. One thing for sure is that I will see him again one day while seeing him every day now in my memory.

    ReplyDelete